Friday, November 12, 2010

Burn-Out

I have been single for 3 months now. I have been dating for the past month, and I am already burnt out.

I'm tired of smiling and being charming to people who end up asking me for nude pictures instead of taking the time to get to know me. I'm tired of people who want to endlessly 'chat' or email online or text on the phone instead of talking on the phone and meeting in person. I'm most especially tired of people who live far away and want to have a 'relationship' online without any plan for meeting or discussing relocation.

I'm hoping this is just the way I'm feeling right now and not a long-term feeling because ordinarily I enjoy meeting and talking to people and being sociable. Right now, though, I'm feeling ready to get off the dating roller coaster, at least for awhile. Maybe I need some time off to recharge my smiley charming self so I can get back to feeling normal again. I definitely need to spend some time learning better how to navigate these shark-infested waters.

No comments:

Post a Comment