Thursday, April 23, 2009

Thursday Thunks: Spices, Quotes and Other Things



1. If you could skywrite anything you wanted, what would it be?

Probably something silly like, "d was here"

2. Did you get drunk at your prom?

I never went to prom :-(

3. What is your favorite spice to use cooking?

Pepper is what I use most. I also like paprika and garlic salt.

4. What color is your roof?

Red.

5. In a land far, far away I _____________

finally found what I was looking for.

6. In the Miss USA pageant, Miss California was asked; "Vermont recently became the fourth state to legalize same sex marriage. Do you think every state should follow suit? Why or why not?" and her answer was; "Well I think it's great that Americans are able to choose one or the other. Um, we live in a land that you can choose same sex marriage or opposite marriage and, you know what, in my country and in, in my family, I think that I believe that a marriage should be between a man and a woman," Carrie said to a mix of boos and applause. "No offense to anybody out there. But that's how I was raised and that's how I think that it should be between a man and a woman." Do you think that cost her the crown?

I have no idea, and I don't care.

7. Do you watch Miss USA/Miss America pageants?

No.

8. Have you ever driven/ridden on a tractor?

I don't think so, even though I've been on farms before.

9. For the parents - what cartoon/children show did your child watch obsessively? (Hey, if you aren't a parent, maybe a niece or nephew...)

SpongeBob SquarePants.

10. If I set a level on your living room floor - would it show that it was level?

It feels level, so hopefully it would pass the test.

11. What was the last restaurant you ate at?

It was a Mexican restaurant inside a hotel, and I don't remember the name of it.

12. What's the picture on your wall calendar for this month?

A Currier & Ives picture called, 'My Boyhood Home'.

13. Are you superstitious?

No.

14. If I get into your car and turn on the radio - what type of radio station will I hear?

Could be any kind. I use the 'seek' button, so it could be stopped on just about anything.

15. Would you rather wake up with a snake in your bed or a lizard?

If I absolutely have to choose to be near either one, it would have to be the lizard, I guess, but I do not like the idea at all.

16. Do you think schools have changed at all since the Columbine tragedy 10 years ago? In what ways?

I assume there is more security in the schools than there used to be , but apparently it's not always effective because there was a gunman at the local school just a few months ago. He ran off after beating up a teacher (no serious injuries, thank goodness), so all the children were okay, but still pretty traumatic for everybody.

No comments:

Post a Comment