Thursday, April 9, 2009

Thursday Thunks: Rabbits, don't get it, ouch and other randomness



1. What was the last thing you ate?

Lamb.

2. I say the color purple.. what do you think of?

Bruises ;-)

3. Lamps or ceiling lights?

i need both. i need a light switch for a ceiling light right next to the door so i don't have to walk across a dark room and possibly break my neck, but i also need a closer-up light on whatever i am doing, especially for reading, doing paperwork and needlework.

4. What color rabbit is your favorite?

i'm not sure what they are called, but they have coloring and markings similar to a siamese cat. i saw that kind once at a county fair, and i thought they were very pretty.

5. Your car breaks down on a deserted road and your cell phone has no signal - what do you do?

i would put my hood up, turn on the flashers if they work and then stay in the car with the doors locked until someone i know or the police/highway patrol came along. If that took too long, i would probably try to walk to an inhabited area.

6. What is one thing most of your friends do online that you just can't understand the fascination and do not participate in?

i don't know if 'most' do it, but playing Mafia Wars seems to be very popular. i can't really judge it, not having tried it, but something about pretending to be a criminal doesn't sit well with me, and i haven't at all been tempted to try it. Strangely, though, i LOVED watching The Sopranos on HBO. i think the difference is that watching a story about criminals is more comfortable for me than portraying one myself.

7. What do you need right now?

What i always need--my Sir. We live in different states.

8. And your most serious injury you've had was....?

In high school, during cheerleading practice, i did a front flip into the splits on the ground and i heard and felt three pops and immediately had excruciating pain and had to have help getting up. A really nice guy who gave me a ride home from school every day and also gave me flowers sometimes was waiting until practice was over to take me home, so he came to my rescue and got me to the car. When i got home, my mom took me to the hospital. After x-rays, the doctor told me my hips were fused, and i braced myself for what horrible thing that meant, but then he told me it just meant that i was fully grown and not going to get any taller, so i breathed a big sigh of relief. But then he told me that i had torn ligaments in my right hip and would not be able to do cheerleading or gymnastics or any P.E. whatsoever for an entire year, and in the short term, i would not be able to use that leg at all and would have to use crutches. i was devastated. Gymnastics was my favorite thing, and i was good at it, so it broke my heart. Over that next year, i several times re-tore those ligaments trying to do a cartwheel or splits and had to start recovery all over again. i was never able to do the splits again after those ligaments finally healed and didn't tear anymore.

9. What is the most evil thing you've ever done?

Allowed my first baby to be aborted.

10. Give us some random fact about you.

i have laryngitis right now.

2 comments:

  1. #8-OUCH!

    #9- wow. Heavy.

    I always enjoy reading your answers. Very honest. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow! after 6 years of cheerleading the worst I did was dislocate my shoulder!

    ReplyDelete